Front End Web Developer
Job Title: Web Front End Developer
THECHAPAR.COM UK is transforming the way men shop through a blend of technology and personal stylists.
At THECHAPAR.COM we firmly believe that our customer is at the centre of everything we do and insist that each and every customer has a personal experience from the first moment of contact right through to the after sales experience and support. Every staff member, regardless of their role within the business, must always have the customer at the forefront of their thoughts.
The Web Front End Developer will help to develop and deliver high-quality solutions that reflect the THECHAPAR.COM’s brand high standards to our customers with a focus on website user experience in the agreed requirements and timeframes as set by the Business.
The ideal candidate will have significant exposure to agile methodologies and iterative development with a focus on optimising a user’s journey.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop high quality commercial level (standards compliant, SEO friendly) and scalable front end web solutions for user journeys and online customer interactions across: editorial content, eCommerce functionality, HTML emails, social media application, mobile-optimised sites
- Responsible for implementing website updates based on creative and marketing briefs including home pages weekly updates, category landing pages and weekly emails.
- Ensuring creatives implemented online meet the web development team standards.
- Coordinate with database and back-end developers to deliver robust applications per specifications.
- Coordinate with the Marketing team to ensure that all aspects of the user journey can be tested and documented
- Responsible for providing accurate estimates of time and effort required to implement internal requests, advising stakeholders and project owner on progress.
- QA and cross-browser testing.
- Integration with Shopify and Salesforce
- Any other tasks as reasonably required.
Role Requirements and Personal Qualities
- Preferable: Experience with writing clean, semantic HTML5, .NET MVC and Mobile web experience.
- Experience with Jira, Git/Github, Jenkins
- Experience with Shopify Systems an advantage but not critical
- Experience with WordPress and Woocommerce a definite advantage
- Experience integrating with third party RESTful APIs.
- Good communicator, and good collaboration skills, able to work with both creative/design and technical developer colleagues
- The role requires a willingness to take on tasks outside of a narrowly defined role, and ideally a desire to be multi-skilled
- All Applicants must hold valid right to work in the UK
- If you are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with a CV, and covering letter stating your salary details and notice period.
Hands on Responsibilities:
- Encourage standard development environments and workflows
- Help the team optimise all technical processes to ensure documentation is accurate and up to date
- Developing new features for our websites
- Integrating with third party APIs
- Front end development
- Assisting the producer with technical specifications and project viability / planning
- To support production team with live projects and to support sales and marketing to understand client requirements
- Debugging and resolving issues
- Improving test coverage, procedure and documentation