Buying and Merchandising Admin Assistant
The successful candidate will be joining the team working for a unique menswear platform - to work closely in the Buying and Merchandising department, providing essential admin support to the team. Due to the nature of the company you will also have exposure to key areas in the business such as marketing and styling.
Key functional areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for creating and amending all purchase orders.
- Updating and maintaining a range plan for all season’s buys.
- Preparing presentation packs and agendas for product reviews and sign offs.
- Collating all imagery and copy required for the new range for web and marketing needs.
- Loading new products and copy on to the system each season.
- Action re-pricing and markdown changes.
- Changes to supplier revised delivery dates.
- Liaise with suppliers, collating stock intake bookings via email and phone calls.
- Liaise with the Warehouse regarding deliveries and missed deliveries.
- Have ownership over any stock queries and necessary amendments.
- Supporting the team with excel reporting and preparation, analysis, data entry and general administrative duties.
Skills & experience required:
- Relevant degree is advantageous.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to work across departments, managing several supplier accounts.
- Commercial awareness and retail/head office experience.
- Highly motivated to take responsibility for, drive and develop the e-commerce part of the business.
- Excellent written and communication skills, with ability to present ideas effectively.
- Enthusiastic, positive and adaptable approach to problem-solving.
- Confidence in working both independently and part of a team.
- An interest in menswear.
- Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by line manager or senior management.
- Assists colleagues by completing tasks outside of own job role when requested.
- Maintains own working area in a professional and organised manner.
- Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
Due to the evolving nature of our organisation, this job description is not exhaustive. While this job description will be reviewed and updated periodically, the job holder may from time to time be required to carry out tasks which are not detailed in this document.