The successful candidate will be joining the team working for a unique menswear platform - to work closely in the Buying and Merchandising department, providing essential merchandising support to the team. Due to the nature of the company you will also have exposure to key areas in the business such as marketing and styling.
Key functional areas of responsibility:
- Working with the department to maintain season strategy and frameworks plans.
- Working closely with the department by in reviewing and communicating performance and taking appropriate action to maximise profits.
- Reporting directly into the Merchandiser and supporting the team by providing all ad-hoc, weekly, monthly & seasonal detailed sales and stock reporting analysis.
- Working closely with the marketing department ensuring maximum exposure of relevant stock.
- Analyses and monitors best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action.
- Recommends promotions and re-buys as necessary.
- Ensures productive relationship between the department and all other business areas to ensure goals achieved, specifically the Marketing and Styling team.
- Ensuring stock is chased in from suppliers in a timely fashion.
- Attending meetings with brands ensuring any buys are recorded to ensure accurate POs are raised.
Skills & experience required:
- Minimum of 1 year relevant Merchandising experience.
- Relevant degree is advantageous.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to work across departments, managing several supplier accounts.
- Commercial awareness and retail/head office experience.
- Excellent written and communication skills, with ability to present ideas effectively.
- Enthusiastic, positive and adaptable approach to problem-solving.
- An interest in menswear.
- Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by line manager or senior management.
- Assists colleagues by completing tasks outside of own job role when requested.
- Maintains own working area in a professional and organised manner.
- Always strives to improve the department’s operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
Due to the evolving nature of our organisation, this job description is not exhaustive. While this job description will be reviewed and updated periodically, the job holder may from time to time be required to carry out tasks which are not detailed in this document.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.